Care & Cleaning
Caring and Cleaning Tips:
Hand-crafted jewelry, precious stones, and sterling silver all require special care in order to maintain their beauty. Here are a few tips to help care for your jewelry.
* Store Jewelry separately. Do not combine multiple pieces into the same storage place (bag or drawer). Storing pieces together may cause scratches and dings.
* Jewelry storage location should be cool and dry; free from air particles.
* Wrapping Jewelry in a soft piece of cloth or felt and then placing them in separate Ziploc bags would be ideal storage to prevent damage and tarnish.
* Sterling Silver will oxidize and tarnish over time; this is primarily caused by particles in the air. Proper care can help reduce and prevent tarnish. Storing items separately and wiping them down prior to returning them to the jewelry box/storage location will help prevent tarnish. Also do not over handle jewelry, as oily residue from hands will also contribute to tarnish.
* Spray all perfumes and hair products prior to wearing jewelry.
* Clean Sterling Silver with a mild soap and water combination. Pat dry with non-abrasive cloth. For extremely tough tarnish, a silver safe jewelry cleaner may be used.